Track 1: Technology for wine analysis
- What type of wine do you want to drink? The nanotechnology engineered wine.
- Could portable electronic tongue replace human panelists to measure toxic substances and make objective analysis in wine?
- Could electronic tongue be used as analytical tool dedicated to qualitative and quantitative assessment of wine production?
- Is really needed to develop a simple device that can mimic the human sense of smell to be used in routine industrial applications?
Track 2: New technological trends in wine production
- Which are the novel processing applications to improve wine quality characteristics?
- The inevitable application of big data to wine production!
- Recent advances in precision viticulture and robotics applied to the vineyard.
Track 3: The consumers of the future
- Drink or not drink wine? A science communication question?
- Is the reduction of the SO2 amount in wines a decisive strategy for the wine industry?
- Does supplying organic wines enhance a firm’s brand image?
- Consumer perceptions of luxury wines: the example of ice wines.
- There is a future for wines like the blue ones?
- The impact of wine on aging and longevity
Track 4: Sustainable viticulture
- Use of different vine species and varieties in viticulture: be prepared to climate change.
- Sustainable viticulture: water quality/treatment, viticulture waste, and energy-related issues.
- What is the wine’s carbon footprint size, and how can technology reduce it?
Track 5: Fate and biotransformation of wine residues industry
- Use of wine by-products in animal nutrition and in agriculture.
- What’s new in biopotential of wine by-products applied in the pharmaceutical industry?
Track 6: Future strategies for wine traceability and authenticity
- Recent advances in fingerprinting techniques in wine authenticity and traceability
- Have DNA-methodologies potential to be applied for wine authenticity purposes?